Saturday, April 18, 2015

Spring Fever

Three weeks and I haven't posted anything. It's true I have been caught up in Spring Fever. While I have submitted my novel to  agents and I have worked on another novel, it has been without a lot of drive, focus, and determination.

Submitting to agents is not fun for me. The major reason is that they don't write back, email, or call immediately recognizing the brilliance of my work. I did in fact get one immediate response but the agent instead of being blinded by my work was blind to it. Many agents in their guidelines say if they don't respond within three, four, or six weeks to assume they are not interested. Others, the kind I would like working for me, respond with a robo response that the submission has been received and get back with an acceptance or a they-are-not-right-for-the-work response within three weeks.

It is Spring and writing isn't the only thing in the world. But I have gone back to another novel that was bogged down in background. It is now moving along at a nice easy pace. I feel like the fisherman who never catches anything but just enjoys the side of the river and the clouds floating overhead.

No comments: