Thursday, December 6, 2012

Still Nothing

Still no more rejections or even the post cards that indicate that it was received. Nothing is required but to put the card in the mail yet most of the places to which the manuscript was sent haven't even done that!

I should be making more submissions but haven't. My excuse is really just an excuse. Word 2010 is driving me nuts going from Word in Windows XP. For me it is new. I never went to Vista or Word 2007 so the change seems radical. I don't want to 'personalize' my set up. I just want to write like I did with my old system with simple easy choices that are readily available without a lot of searching and reading of manuals, help screens, or books.

I am seriously thinking of buying another word processor because the threshold seems too great to get to the basic level of use in Word 2010. Blog word processors are all I need for short stories so maybe I should just open a private blog and then copy those pages for electronic submissions.

Spent last weekend with a couple of books about Facebook. I have decided from the feed back from friends who had a difficult time while on Facebook and had a difficult time getting off of Facebook that Facebook is not for me.

My first computer was in 1979. An Apple II with 64k memory was just about the hottest personal computer going. The ipads and iphones now are wonderful. The laptops have better screens and do so much more. The World Wide Web is great. I guess I need to do some work catching up to all of that.

No comments: