Friday, December 28, 2012

Revise and try again

Trying again after revising the story. One rejection response had made a comment on how to improve the story. A week ago I revised the story according to my best understanding of the comment. After letting it alone for several days, the revision did seem to me to improve it. So am sending a second group of simultaneous submissions with the revised version to a totally new group of magazines. This group is smaller, just five. The story fit is also not as good with this group as it had been with the first wave of submissions.

The stories are all ready to be mailed. January 2, 2013 is the target mailing date.

Also starting research on a non-fiction article. The idea came to mind while playing with some of the new gadgets in the stores. Might not be interest in the topic nor a likely home for the article. I will have to research that but think I will write the article anyway because I found the topic so much fun. So many writers like Bradbury have advised writers to write from their interests and passion.

No comments: